Malaysia Sangha Fund
To support the welfare of the Malaysian Sangha, thus an opportunity for Buddhist devotees to offer dana to the Sangha
The fund is managed by a committee consisting of Chao KhunPhra Raj Dhammathada (Chairman), Ven. PhraKruPannyaSasananurak (Vice Chairman), Ven. Boon Keng (Vice Chairman), Ven. Chi Chern (Vice Chairman), Ven. PhraKhruSiddhikhanarakChamriangCandano (Hon. Secretary), Ven. E. IndaratanaMahaThero (Hon. Treasurer) and two lay representatives from YBBM Board.
The Malaysian Sangha Fund was established on 25th August 1991 after a National Mahasanghikdana was successfully held. In the past 30 years, we have catered to the education and medical needs of Sangha members through generous contribution of the public. The purpose of this fund is to provide an opportunity for Buddhists to support the Sangha thus gaining merits. Every year, we organised a National Mahasanghikadana and the proceeds from the event is channeled to the Malaysian Sangha Fund, which would then be used to cater to the medical and educational needs of the Sangha members.
Malaysian Sangha Fund Application Condition：
1. This medical claim is open to all needy residential Sangha members of temple in Malaysia.
2. Application must be endorsed by the Chief Abbot of the temple concerned.
3. All medical claims must not exceed the total amount of RM5,000 (Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand Only) per year.
The amount approved shall be decided by the Sangha Fund.
1. This grant is open to all residential Sangha members of temples in Malaysia admitted to study in a local or overseas
2. The grant is maximum RM3,000 (Ringgit Malaysia Three Thousand Only) and is paid annually till the final year.
Application is to be renewed annually.